Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I Sure Am Glad To See You, Blackboard Bear

This is one of those books that is so adorable in its illustrations, so appealing to the eye, so lovely in concept... BUT.... as a parent, this is not the type of book I like to read to my child. I understand that there are many kids who need to deal with bullying in their lives, and hopefully this is one book that will help them. (I'm not sure how, but perhaps that *is* the target market here.) There's a bit too much focus here on "getting back" at the other person, I think, that might not be helpful at all to those kids who need some good solid advice -- or even just comforting -- on what to do when other kids are being mean to you. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Twelve Days of Christmas by Laurel Long

What I liked about this book was the artwork, which shows you the things that are mentioned in the lyrics.