Tuesday, September 20, 2011

To Catch the Moon

I'd say "Eh, don't bother," but this book does have an element of cuteness about it which may be attractive to some kids/parents. Certainly our toddler liked it enough to ask that it be read to him several times. I think he also likes that big brother Paco's name is in it. I *think* the message is that some things are better appreciated from afar, or that we need to think our actions through to make sure we'll be okay with the consequences.... but these may be messages that a toddler won't appreciate.... yet. For that reason I'll say this is more suitable for older kids and leave it at that. (The illustrations are somewhat reminiscent of Babar.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Twelve Days of Christmas by Laurel Long

What I liked about this book was the artwork, which shows you the things that are mentioned in the lyrics.