Thursday, December 24, 2009

One Morning in Maine

Sigh.  We miss you, Robert McCloskey!  I'm sooo glad he didn't title his books "The Adventures of Sal" or that would have been totally unimaginative -- *I* would do that, but not Robert McCloskey.  One Morning in Maine is the perfect title for this book!  I love this book as a read aloud, and as an idea book for what to do with kids if you ever find yourself near the sea.  I have never gone clamming and this book is one of the reasons clamming is still on my list of "things to do before I die".  Love the sweet parent-child relationship depicted here.  And love how Mr. McCloskey could take such simplicity, and highlight it in this elegant vignette of family life, as it could and should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Twelve Days of Christmas by Laurel Long

What I liked about this book was the artwork, which shows you the things that are mentioned in the lyrics.